The new Telesin Over-Under dome port for GoPro Hero 5 is finally here!
Why use a dome port housing?
Shooting in and around the water, GoPro cams (and other action cams alike) are designed for water shots, although trying to shoot at water line levels presents two critical issues.
Because the water line is so close to the cam sensor, the 'water skin', where the water surface tension lays, becomes the dominant feature of that shot. While you do still capture detail underwater and above water, the impact is lost, and that's if you manage to get the water line perfectly centralised.
Because water changes the way light moves, with it being so close to the cam sensor, it creates image distortion, where underwater detail appears to be magnified slightly, resulting in underwater detail being bigger than above. So if you're standing waist deep in water, your upper body will appear nearly twice as small as your lower body in the shot.
- Moving the waterline away from the lens makes it possible to capture images both above and below the water simultaneously.
- These are often referred to as half and half, 50/50, over under or split-level pictures.
- Easy to operate, nearly infinite depth of field, wide-angle lens and video and still image quality make the GoPro perfectly suited for this application.
- The dome port utilises a custom made semi-hemispherical acrylic dome that has been optically matched to work with the GoPro lens
- The use of a semi-hemispherical dome eliminates the perpendicular angle between the backing plate and the dome.The benefits of this are the elimination of circular reflection and improved water sheeting while reducing the form factor and maintaining full front face surface area
- The side of the base has 12 screw,this design allows the dome to be fully disassembled for cleaning and service
- The dome port attached the Hero5 housing and does not require any special modifications or separate accessories
- The Hero5 Black is just as secure as always since the Dome Port slips right onto the housing, it does not alter the depth rating of the GoPro housing.
- The Dome Port provides access to mode, power and shutter control buttons while installed, for more processing you can use a GoPro WIFI remote control as well
- Package Dimension: 22 x 14 x 19cm (8.7 x 5.5 x 7.6 inches)
- Dome Port
- Dome Port Cover
- Floaty Handle Grip
- Clean Cloth
GoPro HERO5 Black